Thank You for always walking alongside of us, already having cleared the path before us. You hem us in behind and before, Lord, and for that we are grateful.
You have us in the center of Your mind and Your heart. You are ready, willing, and able to take our burdens that we so desperately need to share with You, yet we hang onto them because it is so hard to just release them into Your hands. In our minds we know You are more capable than us, but in our hearts, we still want to have control. Help us to change our thinking and our hearts so that our will aligns with Yours.
You say Your burden is easy and Your yoke is light.
Help me, Lord, to take upon myself Your yoke, so that I can share these weights that are dragging me under. Help me, Jesus to surrender my heart, my will, my mind, my emotions into Your capable and willing hands. Help me, Lord, to love You as I ought, to give You the burdens that I have tried for so long to carry myself. Help me to release these thoughts and take upon myself Your thoughts. Help me be able to take every thought captive to Your Word, Lord.
Help me to walk in humble submission and give You all of myself, not holding anything back.
For You Alone are Worthy. You alone are mighty and powerful and You alone can do anything. I’m asking that whatever the outcome in my situation, You are glorified, and I ask that You help me to praise you even during the midst of the storm.
You, Lord, have it all figured out ahead of me. So help me to relax in this moment, in the here and now, and just listen to Your still small voice.
Help me to submit to You and Your will for my life, no matter what the present moment looks like. Because I know that You are God and You are good, and You will keep and protect me. Guard my heart, and my mind, my thoughts, and my emotions in You, Lord Jesus. Help me to live and see things through Your lens and not my own.
Take this cup from me, Father, but only if it is Your will.
In Your Holy and Precious Name I pray,
- You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. (Psalm 139:5)
- Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:29)
- We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5)
- And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper. (1 Kings 19:12)
- And he said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” Mark 14:36